The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Thursday, February 17, 2005

SuperNanny! Resource for Parents

OK - let's get all the disclosures out of the box right away. I'm not a parent and I'm a sucker for reality TV. With that being said I think a new show on ABC, SuperNanny is an amazing resource for parents. I never thought I'd say such a thing, but I'm really impressed with the practical techniques that are taught to parents on this show. Though I'm not a parent, I am a licensed marriage and family therapist, and Coach for women so feel like my opinion in this regard can count.

Most of my coaching clients are moms. And being a good mom is on their mind. But where do moms (and dads) learn how to be good parents? From their own upbrining most likely. If you had your own great parent, then you're way ahead of the game, but many women haven't had good parenting role models and don't know how to parent in a way that is effective and balanced. So where else to turn for parenting information? There are lots of great resources out there and I'm glad that now there's one more that is so available and accessible to millions of people via network TV.

SuperNanny, shows parents how to take charge of discipline in the household without becoming a drill sargeant. Lots of moms these days struggle with feeling that they're not spending enough time with their kids and so they feel badly to deny their children anything. But, kids need boundaries and rules. They really don't want to be in charge - even if it looks like they do.

Check it out, see what you think, make up your own mind.
Moms need all the resources they can get!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home