The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

On Retreat - Hibernation, Creation, and Inspiration

Wow! It's been nearly 3 weeks since I've posted. Usually my posts come out of something that has inspired me from my own life or that of someone else's, but I just haven't felt the tug lately. I've been on retreat - literally and symbolically.

A few weekends ago my Goddess girlfriends and I went on our annual 4 day sojourn to a retreat center on the Big Island (otherwise known as the island of Hawaii). This was our fourth year and as usual, did not disappoint. There is something incredibly magical about 14 women of varying ages and incredible and powerful feminine spirits joining together for days to celebrate together, enjoy each other's company, and simply breathe in and out.


I still feel like I'm on retreat. I feel still and a deep need for nature and quiet and sensual pleasure. I'm eating a lot of Dove dark chocolate squares, petting the dog and walking near the ocean. The pages of my journal have filled up and my husband wonders why I'm spending so much time upstairs in the dim light.

I'm on retreat. I'm getting things done, but I'm also acutely aware of my inner voice, the wise whisper that instructs me so well.

I'm on retreat. I laugh and connect and feel joy, yet a deep stillness in my soul.

I'm on retreat. My path seems clear and unemcumbered. I am grateful for the clear schedule and the upcoming minor surgery that will keep me quiet and at home.

I finally realized this year that being on retreat is really my life. In years past when I have returned to my 'real life' complete with hectic schedule, many demands and high paying executive job, I have strained to keep the 'retreat' feeling with me. This year they blend - the retreat, my life, the retreat, my life.

They are one in the same.

Isn't that what we all want? To feel the same when we are on retreat or vacation. What would make yours that way? What changes can you make in your life so that you don't feel like you need to escape it? What one thing can you stop doing right now that will give you a breath of retreat?

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awsome photo!!
~ Craig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home