The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Working For Yourself

Do you love your job? Or, do you go to work every day wishing like crazy that you were doing something else?

There's a lot to be said for having your own business and working for yourself. Your boss is usually nicer! You get to control and manage things the way you want. You can work at 6am or 10pm and do yoga or play dates in between.

And, there are a lot of challenges. You have to fix your own computer. You have to take complete responsibility for failures and when things don't work. You have to be quite good at managing your time.

With all the pros and cons, ups and downs, at this stage in my life I would not go back to working for someone else. I have learned so much from creating my own business and it has allowed some wonderful growth in me as a person.

Are you considering going into business for yourself? It's always going to be a jump, but make sure that you plan as well as you can, before leaping from the cliff.

In a recent article over at the International Virtual Womans Chamber of Commerce I tell my story of how I went from the board room to the home office. There are some tips for you in that article if you're considering making the leap into your own business.

And, for those of you who have already lept, what are your tips? Give us your sage advice for transitioning from pumps to slippers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home