The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Friday, September 29, 2006

Some Books to Read


Currently I have 5 books in process on my nightstand and I thought I'd share a couple with you that I think every woman should have her library.

Eating in the Light of the Moon by Anita Johnston. I am fortunate to have Anita as a friend and part of my circle of women. She is a renowned national speaker on the issue of women and disordered eating and has created her own eating disorders clinic here in Honolulu. As Anita explains in her book, food is not the problem in a woman's disordered eating, it is the symptom
. Anita is a gifted storyteller and uses stories, methaphors and the context of women through the ages to help women develop a healthy relationship with food and their body.

The New Feminine Brain by Mona Lisa Schultz. Did you ever wonder why your husband can't seem to keep up with all your activity planning, or asks you over an over again what is happening on Sunday? He's really not trying to make you crazy. It's all about his brain. Mona Lisa is a behavioral neuroscientist and renowned medical intuitive who has been studying brains, behavior and intuition for many years. In this book she illuminates how we can embrace the feminine nature of our brains and how our brains play a part in everything from depression, to anxiety, to our women's intuition.

If you have a great reading recommendation, post it in the comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home