The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy News - my dream has come true

For the longest time I've been telling my friends that I want to create the Good News Network. You know, the place where you go for up to date world information about what great stuff is happening out there. Not that I really wanted to create a media conglomerate, but why am I bombarded with such bad news from the media all the time? Does sensation really sell, or have Americans been trained to buy that *&^%?

I realized quite a long time ago that I could not watch TV news. It is just too upsetting to me and creates bad feelings that linger on and on. By accident I caught a TV news trailer after Oprah the other day - you know, the clip that entices you to keep watching - which said, "Baby run over by car in driveway. Stay tuned to see who the driver was." Gross! And dishonoring to the baby and the parent. And I noticed when I read the paper this morning that every single headline in the front page was terrible news. I skipped that section.

So, voila! Enter the Good News Network, in the form of www.happynews.com. My friend Craig sent this good news on over to me and I quickly added it to my RSS feeds and keep up with the world, but in a good way. It's not just 'boy saves puppy from well' stories. It is the news that you would see in other media locations, but with a good news perspective.

Check out happynews.com and see if you're ready for a regular dose of good news. I bet you'll be surprised at the impact you see in your body and your mind. I bet you smile when you read it, and we all know that smiling makes everything better!

coachbalance.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home