The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Friday, August 26, 2005

Journey out of Being Stuck

I got stuck. Business stalled, my satisfaction level took a dive and the feelings of hopelessness began to creep in around the edges. I started to doubt myself and my abilities and even to my horror began entertaining the thought of returning to work for someone else.

So, I went on a journey. I am on a journey I should say - one that is taking me inside myself and peeling away old beliefs and patterns like the layers of an onion.

The first belief I uncovered was:
Speaking my truth and being fully expressive will result in shame, humiliation and people shunning me.

Yuck! I'd become familiar with this belief over time, but I had no idea that it packed such a life-limiting punch.

Well - that one's gotta go. So, I replaced it with: Speaking my truth and being fully expressive will result in attracting just the right people to me.

OK, good start. Now I realized I had to put that into action. I began to see opportunities everywhere for me to speak truthfully and express myself. Sometimes I jumped on them, sometimes I missed them and sometimes they were still a bit scary, but here's what I did:
  • Shared more with my husband about my decisions and ask for feedback
  • Became the 'client' in a class I am instructing and shared this belief and process with my students so they can practice on me
  • Shared this process as a client in a coaching class
  • Had conversations in public about opinions, beliefs and things that would normally make me uncomfortable
  • Write about this right now in this blog!
What are your limiting beliefs? How do they impact your life? If you did not have these beliefs who would you be, what would you be doing?

We all have times in our lives that we get stuck or are hung up by something that is limiting us. My Coach has been masterful in asking the right questions to help me move forward.

If you need someone to ask the right questions to uncover what limits you, consider a Coach. I can offer you a sample coaching session at www.coachbalance.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home