The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Be Spontaneous

My husband and I were sitting around on Sunday, doing our regular Sunday stuff and the next thing you know, we've got a long weekend in Portland planned.

Whoa! What happened?

We're not the most spontaneous couple in the world, though we don't live our life by a schedule. But, 4 days in Portland next week?

I'm thrilled! I'm excited! And my energy has gone way up because of that. It doesn't hurt that my wonderful stepson lives in Portland and so we have a fun visit to look forward to, but I think what is most exciting for me was the spontaneity.

There's something delicious about having a dose of fun and possibility dropped in my lap. And, I even enjoyed the couple of hours I spent researching our travel plans.

I know if you're a planner, then spontaneous activity may not be to your liking. But, the rest of you should give it a try once in a while.

When was the last time you were wonderfully spontaneous?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home