The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Spring Cleaning for the Soul

We live in a very beautiful, but damp tropical valley. While the humidity and daily showers create a gorgeous green landscape, lush with plants of all shapes and sizes, it also brings mold. Yuck!

I was thoroughly sick and tired of looking at the dirty, moldy concrete slab in our backyard and decided on Sunday to do a little spring cleaning and get rid of that ugly 'ol energy drain.

So, out came the power washer and I spent few hours in the sunshine peeling off the layers of dirt and grime that the winter rains had left at my house.

Such a satisfying task! And as I was doing this, I was thinking about what winter grime in me needed be be cleaned away for the season of spring to bloom.

Money issues perhaps? Moving some fear out of it's hidey hole? Or maybe just giving up my care for what other people think. All good ones for me.

Spring is the perfect time for you to polish your own self up a bit. Time to get out your own powerwasher and peel away a few of your grimier layers. Ask yourself:

  • What do I need to get rid of in order to bloom?
  • What is it that is holding me back?
  • What are my 3 biggest energy drainers and how can I eliminate them?
  • If my fairy godmother could wave the magic wand and make one thing different about me, what would it be?
  • If I wasn't afraid, what one thing would I do or be?

Now, take what you've learned from your answers and act! Flowers don't grow without water, fertilizer, and the clearing of the weeds, and neither do you.

Go for it! And, if you need a little coaching help, then give me a holler at www.coachbalance.com. I'll have the powerwasher ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home