The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Monday, December 12, 2005

Finding Your Natural Rhythm

I was participating in an online networking holiday party this weekend over at the International Virtual Womens Chamber of Commerce, and the subject of exercise and how it affects business came up.

I didn't pay much attention to the topic until I began to read about the energy, emotion, and frustration that the issue of exercise brought up.

I realized, more than any other subject, exercise seems to bring up the whole 'cloud of should'. You know what I mean. I 'should' really exercise. I 'should' really do it 3-5 times a week' I 'should' get cardio and weight bearing activities into my life. I 'should' do it first thing in the morning.

What if the word 'should' was completely eradicated from the Universe? What would you say then?

Exercise really works when you make a choice and then find a system that works for you. There really is no should about it. It just is and you may be different than your neighbor, or friend, or network buddy.

Same goes for everything else in your life - parenting, running a business, learning, play. You are unique and there is no dang 'should' about it!

Find your natural rhythm. Just because my husband can thrive on 6 hours of sleep doesn't mean my 9 hour requirement is wrong. It's just my natural rhythm.

Just because my Coaching A Go Go podcast partner Nancy speedily moves through her day and craves being around people doesn't mean my slow poke, pensive self should be the same way.

Fit your round self (I don't mean literally!) into your own round hole - not someone else's square one.

Make your first goal for 2006 to quit with the shoulds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home