The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Monday, January 02, 2006

Color and Mood

Happy New Year Everyone - or Hauoli Makahiki Hou, for a Hawaiian New Year greeting. I hope you enjoyed your holidays and have tremendous plans for this next year.

I'm starting out 2006 with a bright golden
office!

I have craved for years to paint my walls luxurious colors - blues, reds, oranges. But, I'm a renter and that is normally frowned upon - until now!

I am thrilled beyond belief with my color, which is quite bold, but it makes me smile everytime I see it. There really is something to the color and mood research.

I didn't do any color research before choosing 'Casa de Oro' for my office, I just went with what was most appealing for my dark office space. But, if you want to color yourself according to desired mood, here's some tips.

From fanciersplus.com:

Pink - soothes, promotes affection, romantic and charming.

Yellow - cheerful, increases energy, lift spirits, sunny, bright, hopeful, optimistic, joyful, clear, creates motion.

Orange - denotes energy, warmth, sun, soothing, friendliness, youthfulness, happy, motivated, garish.

Red - empowering, stimulant, hot, alert, excitement, attention grabbing, powerful, passion, love, energetic.

Teal - touch of sophistication and richness.

Green - signifies growth, renewal, health, successful, environment, balance, harmony, stability, money and good luck.

Purple - comforts, mystery, creativity and moodiness, wisdom, royalty, passionate, nobility and spirituality.

Blue - relaxes, cool, calming, sky, peace, tranquility, harmony, trust and confidence, water, truth, serenity and spaciousness, comfort. The number one choice of Corporate America is still blue.

There's lot's more info out there - just 'google' color and mood. Think about the connection of color and mood the next time you get dressed before a big presentaion (I always wear red), or as you're considering a new color for a room in your home!




1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color looks great!! Good for you.
~ Craig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home