The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Monday, December 19, 2005

Stop What You're Doing Right Now and Go Have Some Fun!

Yesterday I was busily moving through my task list cleaning up the backyard from the freaky windstorm the night before that had covered the yard in miscellaneous detritus, when I noticed how particularly lovely it looked out over the direction of the beach. Because the windy weather had aborted our planned hike and knocked our power out a few times during the day, I felt that enough with the tasks already and a jaunt outdoors in the dusky light was simply the thing to do.

I gathered my husband, the oh so happy to go in the car dog Kiva and off we went to enjoy a late afternoon stroll on Kailua beach. Isn't that one of the reasons we live here?


Kiva the wonder dog bounced and swam through the surf endlessly fetching the tossed stick and gleefully rolling in the warm sand. Just watching her do this with such unbounded joy always makes me joyful.

The water was a unique combination of glassy, but nice little waves rolling into the shore. The pink light of sunset was filtering through the clouds, creating a rosy glow to the surf.

Just this 30 minutes at the beach created the inspiration and energy for me to have an immensely productive and satisfying evening, that I don't think would have happened had I simply finished raking up the backyard.

Spontaneous fun has a way of filling up our bucket in a quick way - especially if it's related to nature and beauty.

'Tis the season of busy and bustling and stress for a lot of you. Stop it right now and go have yourself 30 minutes of fun. Ride the merry go round at the mall, sit on Santa's lap, sip a mochachino at a cafe table, make snow angels, create a way to giggle with your children. You will feel filled up in a way that is not possible by simply checking the boxes off your list.

'Tis the season to be jolly - don't forget to get some jolly of your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home