The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Creating Goals for the New Year

'Tis the season of creating goals, resolutions, lists of how you want to be a better this or that.

Because this is often a place that I begin with my clients - what is your goal, what do you want to achieve? - I have spent the last few weeks determining how I wanted to create my own goals for 2006.

I am a big believer in goals, writing things down and creating on purpose; however, I also believe that there are as many ways to do this as there are people in this world. So, it's not surprising that the way I conceived of my goals this year is a little non-standard.

Rather than a numbered linear list of things I want to achieve or accomplish or obtain, I created 3 actions that I will do each day. These actions were specifically chosen with the intention that when they become habit (and most actions do after 30 days), they will create such an attractive force in myself and my life, that what I desire to attain and achieve will simply be drawn towards me. Want to know what actions have such power?
  1. Daily do something that scares me, makes me uncomfortable or I have been putting off.
  2. Express gratitude daily - to another person or the Universe.
  3. Compliment someone daily.
I created a small journal to keep track, which helps me consciously remain focused on these 3 important daily actions.

What are your goals for this New Year? If a standard list is not satisfying to you, what would really feel like a robust plan of action for your 2006? Let me know if you'd like some help with this.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home