The Balanced Living Journal

Practical information for busy women from Women's Success Coach Catherine Bruns. Visit me also at www.coachbalance.com

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

FYB #4 - Find Beauty

We've had cold rainy weather for the last few weeks - so cold I've been wearing socks and sweaters, which is amazing in Hawaii! Today, yay! We see the sun and the blue sky, and I can actually put my sweats back in the drawer.

With anticipation I completed all the 'have tos' on my duty list for the day and slathered my middle aged face with sunscreen and went down to the beach for a walk.

Oh my, how amazing the water looked! Kailua beach always looks gorgeous, but today was simply spectacular. With the steady clip of the tradewinds blowing the big puffy white clouds away, the sky was an immense shade of cornflower blue, contrasted by the vivid green of our dramatic Koolau mountains. And the water! Even more blue. From the light blue-green indicative of the shallow, sandy bottom shore lapping water, to the changing shades of vivid turquoise, to the cobalt blue of the deep blue sea, the beauty of the day stunned me.

Beauty fills my bucket. I'm lucky to live in such a place where natural beauty is so stunningly available almost every day.

Look around you now. Where do you find beauty?
  • Color or light
  • The smile of a loved one
  • The play of shadows on a wall
  • The patterns in a favorite material
  • Music or sound
  • Silence
  • Your pet's goofy grin
  • Your own reflection in the mirror

Focus on finding beauty in your everyday. Pick something gorgeous for your screen saver if you're in front of the compter all day. Beauty has a way of filling us up in an instant, but we can easily miss it when we are not paying attention.

Give your self a fill up at the beauty pump!

Now, tell us what you find of beauty that fills your bucket.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Catherine Bruns said...

Lovely Terry!

Thank you so much for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home